Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
Notification: Friday, April 1st, 2016
Workshop dates: Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th, Sunday 16th, October 2016
Call for proposal
We solicit proposals for workshops that will be held together with the 14th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV’2016). Workshops will take place on October 8th, 9th and 16th at the same venue as the main conference.
We welcome proposals on emerging topics that are anticipated not able to be fully explored in the main conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum and encourage in-depth discussion of various technical and application issues in our research field. Workshop registration, venue, as well as proceedings will be handled as part of the main conference by the ECCV organizers.
Since both space and time are limited, we expect the selection process to be competitive. The topic coverage, the proposers’ credential, the interested audience, and relevance of the topic will all be considered in the selection process. Proposers may be asked to provide additional information, modify part of the proposals, or combine with another one.
Since the camera-ready deadline is set to be July 25, 2016, the proposers must come with a submission/review schedule that meets this deadline. Note this year, the ECCV workshops will be coordinated together with the ACM International Conference on Multimedia. So please specifically address in your proposal if your workshop would of interest to the Multimedia research community.
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by March 1st 2016. The candidate workshop organizers will be notified of the decision on April 1st.
Proposals should be in PDF format and include the following information:
- Workshop title.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Topics that will be covered.
- Relevance to the computer vision community
- Relevance to the multimedia community
- Experience that make the proposers well suited for organizing the workshop.
- Rough program outline (including preference for half- or full-day event, estimated numbers of orals, posters, and invited talks).
- Names and bios of any tentative/confirmed invited speakers
- Anticipated target audience as well as expected number of attendees.
- Description of how this proposal relates to previous workshops at CVPR/ICCV/ECCV (be as specific as possible).
- Any special space or equipment requests.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chairs, Gang Hua and Hervé Jegou, via firstname.lastname@example.org